MacLean Power Systems has made an improvement that will affect our fiberglass bracket product line. We are transitioning from a painted rod on all brackets, to an integrated veil system. This veiled system is the same formulation used for our UVMAXX™ fiberglass crossarm line.
Utilizing the UVMAXX™ UV protection system on our fiberglass brackets has many benefits over the previous coating
- UV system with 80+ year performance
- UV Protective top layer integrated into the structure eliminates concerns of UV coating chipping or scratching off
- Doubles thickness of top layer for improved durability
- Denser fabric for reduced light transference and longevity
- 10,000 hours of UV exposure, testing per ASTM G154
- Improved tracking and erosion performance, tested per ASTM D2303 and ASTM D2132
- Improved resiliency to fire, tested per UL94 and ASTM D635
For more information please see the Product Bulletins or contact your MPS representative.