TransArmour (TA) Coating
- a system using two protective coatings that work together to provide a long service life
- top coat is a proprietary polymer exclusive to MacLean Power
- under coat is traditional hot dip galvanizing
- bolts are silver color
- square nuts are hot dip galvanized and over-coated in Teflon (black color)
Proprietary TransArmour Polymer Coating
This layer is a proprietary polymer
Hot-dip Galvanized Layer
The second layer is a traditional hot-dip galvanized layer for added protection to the hardware.
Standard Carbon Steel Construction
TransArmour hardware is constructed of standard carbon steel with protection from two additional layers.
The outer polymer layer provides barrier protection and slows the rate which the underlying zinc layer is consumed. If the polymer layer is exhausted, the original hot dip zinc layer beneath provides galvanic and barrier protection. The two coatings work together in a synergistic manner to provide a long service life.
TDG vs TA Serviceability
To easily differentiate TransArmour-coated hardware from standard items, the galvanized nut is Teflon over-coated in a black color.
Whereas the nuts of stainless items may gall and become unusable, the Teflon coated nuts for TransArmour-coated hardware ensure years of serviceability.
Crossarm Pins are fitted with Nylon Coated Threads to ensure smooth fitting, provide durability, and provide security for attached products.
Galvanized and TransArmour Layers
MacLean’s TransArmour-coated hardware is the better economical choice because the standard carbon steel is protected by two layers:
• First layer is traditional hot dip galvanizing
• Second layer is a proprietary polymer from TransArmour
Teflon coated nuts for TransArmour-coated hardware ensure years of serviceability.