- MPS Hot Line Clamps are live line tools compatible for distribution tap connections.
- Bronze Alloy and Aluminum Alloy castings offer high strength, corrosion resistance, and conductor compatibility.
- Extended jaw width means excellent conductor contact, reduced joint temperature, minimal conductor cold flow and reduced twisting of the conductor during installation.
- Spring loaded feature compensates for cold flow and offsets tightening torque vibrations.
- Forged eyebolts provide corrosion free strength and uniformed expansion under loading.
- The side positioned tap connection prevents possible corrosion of conductor or clamp on bimetal connections.
- Successful Current Cycle testing per ANSI C119.4 provides assurances that the MPS hot line clamp will withstand the ampacity of a properly installed connection.
Links & PDFs
|Catalog Number||Connection Type Run||Connection Type Tap||Run Dia.||Run||Tap Dia.||Tap||A (in)||B (in)||C (in)||Tap Nut (Socket Size)||Standard Pack|
|C1535AP||AL||AL/CU||0.250-0.860||#4 ACSR-477 MCM||0.250-0.860||#4 ACSR-477 MCM||6.50||2.65||2.75||3/4"||25|
|C1540AP||AL||AL/CU||0.502-1.031||4/0 ACSR-800 MCM||0.198-0.703||#4 sol-350 MCM||6.50||2.00||3.00||3/4"||25|
|C1530||CU||CU||0.162-0.745||#6 sol-400 MCM||0.152-0.682||#6 sol-4/0 str||6.50||1.75||2.50||3/4"||25|
|C1530A||AL||AL/CU||0.162-0.745||#6 sol-400 MCM||0.152-0.682||#6 sol-4/0 str||6.50||1.75||2.50||3/4"||25|
|C1520||CU||CU||0.128-0.414||#8 sol-2/0 str||0.128-0.414||#8 sol-2/0 str||4.50||1.25||2.75||9/16"||25|
1) Suffix "A" indicates aluminum body clamps
2) Add suffix "P" for tin plating
3) Add suffix "-9" for packaging with inhibitor
4) For other options, consult factory